Intelligent Video Analytics to Harness Actionable Insights
Intelligent video analytics helps to harness real-time actionable insights from CCTV footages by using state of the art AI algorithms.
The more you know about your customers, the better chances you have of beating your competitors. In today’s highly competitive world, businesses are constantly on the lookout for new ways to engage with their customers, understand them better and convert the information gathered into actionable insights towards increased business profits.
So, how can you improve the profitability of your business?
Most businesses have an existing CCTV infrastructure to monitor their operations. Unfortunately, most of the acquired footage is either discarded or stored without being used further for any analysis. By extracting actionable insights from this footage, this data can be put to good use. In this article, we will be able to understand how AI-powered video analytics can harness actionable insights from your CCTV cameras.
As such, the insights from CCTV cameras can be an essential ingredient to accelerate sales at shopping malls, high-value retail stores, events, exhibitions and fashion outlets that primarily rely on walk-in customers for its business.
A well-explained overview can be obtained from this article:
What is Intelligent video analytics?
Intelligent video analytics is the method of automating video footage analysis by employing various algorithms to track and differentiate between object types and identifying certain behavior or actions in real-time. Intelligent video analysis can be used to track or identify faces of people, license plates and objects such as vehicles, trees, and even to identify emotions expressed by people, etc.
With AI and various deep-learning algorithms, the system can efficiently analyze large quantities of data that videos generate and provide actionable insights. Using AI, the cameras can communicate with each other in taking decisions and detecting suspicious activities or predicting them before it happens.
Some of the applications of intelligent video analytics are:
- Tracking an object and its movements - crowd analysis
- Counting instances of some event or object - event detection
- Identifying emotions expressed by people - emotion analytics
- Age, demographics detection of people - people detection
- Detecting unusual events and activities - anomaly detection
- Identifying patterns, recognition of texts and signs - pattern recognitionin
Use cases of intelligent video analytics
- Retail - Retailers can track and analyze the buying behavior of each buyer, identifying demographic information such as age and gender, finding redundancy in day-to-day operations and providing apt product and ads placement, etc. These data can then be used to form efficient marketing strategies, identifying store performance, preventing theft and loss and improving the customer’s shopping experience.
- Traffic Management - AI-driven analytics can be used to detect various traffic conditions such as vehicle traffic, pedestrian flow, accidents, etc. The system provides detailed real-time information and alerts about what is happening on highways, bridges, and tunnels and allows traffic management authorities to make appropriate decisions.
- Healthcare - Video analytics in healthcare leads to greater efficiency and improves the overall patient experience. It can continuously monitor patients and ensure patients receive the care and attention they need.
- Production Line - Video analytics helps production managers to keep track of all aspects of the assembly plant remotely. The system can be trained to detect even the smallest flaws in manufactured products and monitor machine operations that help to schedule predictive maintenance.
- Enhancing Public Safety - By using technologies such as face detection and license plate recognition, law enforcement agents can detect when people on watch lists enter a particular area and can respond immediately and prevent any potential threat.
From security to public safety to crowd management, intelligent video analytics is becoming a powerful tool. The major advantage of video content analysis is that; it can be incorporated into existing CCTV infrastructure. As developments in AI and deep learning continue to accelerate we can expect much more advancements in video content analysis in the coming future.
To get a detailed understanding on how intelligent video analytics can help your business, this article would be very useful: